For Public Raven Nuke, Nuke-Evolution & Evolution-Xtreme Themes!
Best Viewed with Minimum Screen Resolution of 1280+

Welcome to Realm Designz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting

Important Announcement!

The Registration process on this web site requires u to enter your LIVE PhpNuke, RavenNuke, Evolution or Xtreme web site address that u r the OWNER of.
This gets verified, so if u enter a BOGUS or INVALID web address the verification bot will mark your registered account as a TEMP Account

All New Registered Accounts will be subject to Administrative Validation!!

Photo

Flame: News Scroll Edit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

MAGNET

MAGNET

Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA - Buckeye

Hi and Happy Monday!

I'm having a bit of a problem editting the News Scroll at the top right of the Flame theme.

1.  I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I'm using Macromedia Flash 8 for the edit.   After depressing the Ctrl+Enter keys,  I am asked about substituting the font.   After that, the text that's scrolling is gibberish.   When I edit the text with "Testing 1 2 3" the numerials show but the text doesn't.  Instead, there is a symbol.

2.  OKay, so I don't want to fuss with it anymore.   How about removing that section all together?   Well, when I do that part of the theme is missing and there's a space where that section use to be.   Is there a way to fix this using my current Flash version?  Does the Action Script have to be re-written?  And if so, I don't know that language unfortunately :(

Please advise and ... thanks for your time!

Respectively ... Me, me, me :P

TheMortal

TheMortal

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 993 posts
  • LocationThe Mortal Realm

Hey Magnet,

I opened the .fla with Flash CS3 Pro and changed the text and it displays and scrolls just fine. One thing I did not c with that .fla file is the font used. I could not find where the font used was embeded, I think its like this cause of the way its coded to work.

I recommend using Flash CS3 to edit the .FLA file.

Now if your wanting to remove that flash ticker, u have to have the sliced IMAGE file that, that flash ticker was created with, which I can create one and send u. It would involve replacing the flash code with image code, which is simple to change.

Let me tell u about the News Announcements Scroller. For instance the one I've had on a lot of my RD Themes. I've had it coded so that when u mouse-over the scrolling text, it stops, but seems now with the newer Firefox versions, it no longer stops scrolling. Works fine in all the other browsers except for Firefox. I like my coded version. WHY? Cause it uses a TEXT file that houses the scrolling text and uses standard html code and tags.

I have been looking for a NEW replacement to replace mine, but have not found one that works like I want it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users